Monday, June 13, 2011

A Bra, Not For Free, Sorry.

So I was going to release the instructions for making my "Simple" bra here on The Girl Who Made Stuff, but after I documented the process, I realized this was unrealistic. For one thing, it wasn't quite as simple to pattern as I remember, so this isn't going to be one of those big catchy DIY fads. Also, my mother and my husband told me I should get some sort of renumeration for my year and a half of patterning. On reflection I felt they were right. So, here's a preview of the pictures included in the instructions. If you want the pattern It's available for 5.00$ at http://www.etsy.com/shop/aphilo?ref=si_shop



7 comments:

  1. Have just finished making this bra, very easy to follow the instructiongs. I've never had such a comfortable bra! It's a great pattern, thank you for designing it, I'll be first in line for any further bra patterns you put up on etsy.

    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sizes are included in this pattern? I wouldn't consider myself a novice sewer, but I've never attempted a bra before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, my mistake. I didn't read the etsy description close enough the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I really would like to purchase your bra instructions. I am struggling with Nursing bras at the moment, and would like to make some of my own. I see that there has been little activity on your blog, and there has been little activity in your Etsy store. If you would kindly respond to my message on Etsy, or post there for sale.

    Thanks,

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems you have been away from your blog and Etsy store for a while but I have seen images for your bra pattern on Pinterest and I was very interested! You may want to look into relisting on Etsy again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am planning to get back to it, but I ended up with, of all things, a real job. So, things have been mightily delayed. For a long time. No promises, but finishing the second draft of this patttern how to is a thing I have been chipping at slowly but surely.

      Delete
  6. Hi, I saw your finished bra on Pinterest and tracked it here. I'm really looking forward to having the pattern available on your Etsy. My super-sized, not-so-matched boobs would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete